Saturday, June 17, 2017

Lacking Motivation & A Reason

My motivation to do this work has been in a tailspin for a bit, first to favor getting out in the community, now, likely, over the fact that it's just so under appreciated in the local community. Obviously I did this writing for you all (and myself), the people who enjoy it but, despite more than a decade of this, I realize how little anyone really cares. I'm probably putting my focus on the wrong people but you hope, the things you do, afford you some cred and that people find it interesting. But, so far, they don't.

That's not to say I'm not making friends on my own merits but it's hard being in a community that's constantly "playing" and you're generally not. And I must admit, I've probably done more play than a lot of people who do after only about three months in the scene but it's hard when there's no consistency, when you go out many night after night and nothing seems to happen. You're the man, you still have to take the initiative, even if you're on the submissive side of the slash.

Maybe things will work out, maybe this is just a temporary funk on my writing, maybe I'll find a reason to keep writing but, right now, I don't know what that is, what the point is, what's the benefit anymore.

In some senses, I am interested (sorta) in writing stories much less focused on our fetish; maybe I could rebrand myself and whatever...anyway, if you have ideas with broader fetish interests, let me know and maybe I can make it happen.

I wish everyone the best in life and in love; don't take for granted what you have, it may not be obvious to you, but someone wishes they were you and had your opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment